Sunday, May 12, 2024

The Rain Game

 I was inspired to write this solo wilderness exploration / survival RPG based on an outdoor adventure my three-year old took me on at our neighborhood park. I let her lead me through a pretend exploration in which we gathered nuts, built campfires, caught monsters in traps, protected our nest using magic herbs, stored away food, gave gifts to buddhas, and hid from the rain underneath trees. I'm so lucky to have such a being of pure light in my life. 

A note about the name: she initiated our adventure by saying "Come play the rain game with me, daddy!"

I haven't playtested it, I don't know how fun or functional it is. If you play it, tell me about your adventures.

The Rain Game Link

 





1 comment:

  1. Im going to read this calmly some night like a good story. I am father of a 3 year old myself, and I can imagine what kind of day you had. Mine loves making potions with all kinds of leaves and flowers inside my hat

    ReplyDelete